Thursday, August 13, 2009

Be Prepared...

...To witness the fall of a giant.

In the mean time, another day, another dollar, another sandstorm.


Really looking forward to moving north. I can't wait for the chance to my job again.


From the desert,

Jordan.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck, Jordan. I've bookmarked your blog which luckily is right next to Army of Dude in my favorites folder, so I won't forget to look at it daily. One new thing that will be interesting to watch is the use of Twitter by deployed troops. Let us know how that works out.

    In about a year I'll be anticipating reading your blog post that you're about to board a charter plane headed back to the Pacific Northwest.

    Dude's Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully your deployment is cut short and your sent home early... Iraq sucks the second time around more so then the first. It feels like ive been stuck in the 30-40 days left range for a month now. I just want this to be over.

    hey jordan you said something but training in germany. i just came down on orders to go to baumholder. where you stationed there. if so is there anything you can tell me about the place good and bad. thanks bro. NUGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expect that this tour is gonna be Garrison bulshit for you Jordan. But it beats getting blown up. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess so when you put it like that membrain.

    Hey Jordan, if your deployment is anything like mine then just go ahead and put your PT belt in your cargo pocket and keep it their. This place has turned into any regular base back in the states. Uniform standars are strictly inforced, eye pro at all times ( clear at night, dark during the day ), and a PT belt after 1800 regardless of the fact that its still light out a 6:00 pm. My transition back to the garrison bullshit back in the rear should be cake. take care, NUGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nught, my company was selected to represent america at last year's ABCA training event at Joint Multi-National Training Center in Hohenfels, Germany. We were there for about a month with infantry units from Australia, New Zealand, Wales (GB) and Canada. We brought our trucks over there and everything. All around, pretty decent training. Oktoberfest in Munich was easily the highlight of the trip though.

    I've never heard anything bad about being stationed in Germany. If you're a single alcoholic, you're about to have the time of your life. If you're a married man, the country is still amazing. All sorts of history.

    Take care y'all,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete